We are launching a new Baseband Voice over IP service that will allow RSPs who want to provide a dedicated VoIP service to connect these IP terminals directly onto the ONT UNI port.
Voice telecommunication services over a fibre connection are currently offered to consumers using either the ONT ATA port or the consumer’s RGW (via the RGW ATA or Ethernet port).
With advancements in voice terminal devices and standards such as the next generation of Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunication (DECT) devices, voice telephony services are moving from traditional ATA port connectivity towards an IP Ethernet data port connection.
We are launching a new Baseband Voice over IP (Baseband VoIP) service that will allow RSPs who want to provide a dedicated VoIP service to connect these IP terminals (eg IP DECT terminals or analogue VoIP gateways) directly onto the ONT UNI port without the need to connect via an intermediate RGW device.
This Baseband VoIP service will be:
- a High Priority symmetrical 128 Kbps service, able to support a variety of voice Codecs that are currently supported under our existing Baseband services
- consistent with the Chorus Evolve-128-128 product
- a single OVC service with a symmetrical bandwidth sufficient for supporting modern digital voice telephony terminal services
- available for RSPs to order from our RSP Portal under the Baseband Product Family
- a data service for baseband services using the same service configuration as consumer grade Bitstream service but without the ATA configuration
- able to allow RSPs to offer multiple baseband services over each of the ONT UNI port(s) where spare UNI port(s) are available on the ONT.
- Where an ONT supports an ATA port it will be possible to consume the ATA port services in parallel (based on the existing configuration setup to only one RSP) as part of your standard Bitstream or Baseband ATA service(s).
- Each UNI port will offer dedicated Baseband VoIP and/or Bitstream services to any RSP.
We note that our Premises Networking – Baseband Only offering will not be available with Baseband VoIP, as this product is not compatible with the Baseband VoIP service.
Baseband VoIP will be available for RSPs to order by June 2023.
We will notify you when this product becomes available next year.
The service will be priced at a recurring monthly charge of $19.50 with a one-off connection transaction charge (equivalent to one-month of the recurring charge).
Need more details?
If you have any questions or comments regarding this new fibre product, please contact your Account Manager who will be able to provide you with more details.